The cart is empty!
IPAF have recently updated and reintroduced their IPAF Harness course offerings making the content more tailored and relevant to each attendees’ specific requirements. Broken down into three courses you now have the Harness Awareness (HA) course which is theory only and perfect for those that do not personally wear a harness but may plan, manage or supervise the use of a Harness in a MEWP. The Harness User (HU) training and assessment session is a follow on to the Harness Awareness theory and is essential for anyone what will personally use a harness in a MEWP. It includes pre-use inspections but will not qualify the user to carry out Statutory, periodic inspections on behalf of others or an organisation. The Harness Awareness (HA) theory course much be completed before being able to sit the Harness User (HU) practical training and assessment session.
Finally, this brings you to the Harness Inspection (HI) course. This is an additional training session and assessment course. It is an essential course for anyone that will undertake Statutory, periodic inspections on behalf of an organisation. In order to sit the Harness Inspection training, you need to have successfully completed the Harness Awareness (HA) and the Harness User (HU).
Are you looking for a leading provider of IPAF harness awareness courses? Then you have come to the right place. We are Harrington Safety, your local experts in IPAF harness awareness training. Putting our years of experience to good use, we will equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to carry out your role safely – with the IPAF certification to show what you have learned.
Why Choose Harrington Safety?
If you have been looking for a reputable provider of IPAF Harness Inspection training courses, your search could soon be over. We are Harrington Safety, a trusted specialist in IPAF Harness Inspection (HI) training courses. Working with a wide range of delegates, we deliver a learning experience that is built around the needs of course attendees. Want to find out more? Here is what you can expect from this popular course.
About the course
The IPAF Harness Inspection (HI) course has been designed to provide individuals with the knowledge and skills required to inspect and maintain harnesses and associated personal fall protection equipment effectively. This course focuses on equipment inspection to ensure that harnesses are in proper working condition and meet safety standards.
The course is intended for individuals who are responsible for maintaining and undertaking statutory inspections of harnesses and associated equipment, such as supervisors, safety officers, or equipment maintenance personnel. Not sure if it is the right fit for you? Get in touch today, and we will be able to point you in the direction of the most appropriate IPAF training course for you.
In order to sit the IPAF Harness Inspection (HI) training course, you must have already successfully completed the IPAF Harness Awareness (HA) theory and IPAF Harness User (HU) practical training sessions.
What you’ll cover
IPAF Harness Inspection courses focus on the following:
Introduction to harness inspection:
- Overview of the importance of harness inspection and its role in ensuring worker safety
- Understanding the legal and regulatory requirements related to equipment inspection
Types of harnesses and fall protection equipment:
- Detailed examination of different types of harnesses, lanyards, connectors, and associated personal fall protection equipment
- Discussion of their components, materials, and design features
- Step-by-step guidance on conducting thorough pre-use and periodic inspections of harnesses and associated equipment
- Understanding the inspection process, including visual examination, tactile inspection, and functional checks
Identifying wear and damage:
- Identifying common signs of wear, tear, and damage that can compromise the integrity of harnesses
- Understanding the implications of different types of damage and when equipment should be removed from service
Documentation and record-keeping:
- Importance of maintaining accurate inspection records and documentation
- Overview of best practices for record-keeping and documentation systems
Retraining and decommissioning of equipment:
- Understanding when retraining is necessary for equipment users or inspectors
- Knowing the criteria for decommissioning harnesses and equipment from service
Your learning experience
The course is delivered in-person through IPAF presentation and class discussions, examination of personal fall protection equipment, and hands-on exercises to practise inspecting harnesses and associated equipment. Once the course comes to an end, you will complete a multiple-choice questionnaire along with a practical assessment. This will effectively demonstrate all that you have learned during your time with us.
By completing this course, you will know how to check that all equipment is in a serviceable condition, reducing the risk of accidents and maintaining a safe working environment. We love to guide candidates to success during their harness inspection training, and nothing makes us prouder than seeing those who walk through the door of our training centre leave having fulfilled their potential.
We’re here to help
To find out more about our IPAF Harness Inspection training, please get in touch with our team today. We would love to answer any questions that you have, and truly can’t wait to hear from you.
SEE FOR YOURSELF