The cart is empty!
What are the benefits of undertaking an NVQ?
For the individual:
- A flexible route to becoming qualified in the workplace with no examinations
- A practical demonstration of the individuals skills, knowledge and understanding
- Certification to demonstrate you have met a national standard for an occupational role
- Improved employability and transferability
- Access to recognised qualification for employees with no other formal education
- An effective way of developing staff to a nationally recognised standard which results in improved efficiency
- Proof of the candidate's capability to do their job as it is based on what they can do rather than what they know
- On the job training and evidence gathering, therefore less down time from the employee
- Demonstrates a commitment to quality both internally and externally to customers
- Ensures employees are up to date with industry standards and best practice
How are NVQ’s assessed?
NVQ’s are competency based and the candidate produces evidence of what they do in their work situation which becomes the basis of a portfolio that is assessed against the relevant occupational standard. The candidates must demonstrate that their skills are current and prove their competency over a period of time.Evidence can be submitted electronically any time of day or night from anywhere in the world.You cannot fail an NVQ. You are either classed as competent, or not yet competent; which means you would need to provide additional or further evidence over a period of time.
Candidates need to demonstrate that they have the suitable skills, knowledge and understanding to carry out the tasks associated with their job role.
What do NVQs courses cover?
NVQ’s cover a wide range of subjects for almost every occupational area in every business sector.
SEE FOR YOURSELF