The cart is empty!
Your Total Guide
The International Powered Access Federation (IPAF) is an organisation that provides training and certification for professionals who operate mobile elevating work platforms (MEWPs). So let’s look at what an IPAF licence entails and the scope of its coverage.
Understanding the IPAF licence
The IPAF licence, often referred to as an IPAF PAL Card (Powered Access Licence), is a certification that demonstrates an individual’s competence in operating MEWPs safely and efficiently. The PAL Card is recognised internationally and is highly regarded in various industries. Our clients come from the construction, facilities management, and manufacturing fields to name just a few.
What the IPAF Licence Covers
The IPAF course is one of the most comprehensive available to delegates in a really wide range of industries, and you can expect to cover the following when you train with us:
Training and Assessment
To obtain an IPAF licence, individuals must complete a comprehensive training course. This training includes theoretical and practical modules, ensuring that you not only understand the principles of MEWP operation but have hands-on experience with the equipment.
Types of MEWPs
The IPAF licence covers a wide range of MEWP categories, including but not limited to: Static Vertical (1a), Static Boom (1b), Mobile Vertical (3a), and Mobile Boom (3b).
The primary focus of the IPAF training is safety. Licence holders learn about potential hazards, emergency procedures, equipment inspection, and safe operating practices. This knowledge is crucial for preventing accidents on site.
Regulations and Standards
The IPAF licence also covers the regulations and standards relating to MEWP operation. Operators are trained to comply with national and international safety requirements.
The practical component of IPAF training involves hands-on experience with different types of MEWPs. You will learn how to manoeuvre the equipment, position it safely, and carry out essential tasks at height.
Renewal and Refresher Training
The IPAF licence is not a one-time qualification. It requires renewal every 5 years to ensure that operators remain up-to-date with the latest safety practices and equipment advancements.
Benefits of Holding an IPAF licence
Obtaining an IPAF licence offers a wide range of benefits to individuals and employers alike, such as:
- Safety: Licence holders are well-equipped to minimise risks and hazards associated with MEWP operation, making the workplace safer for everyone.
- Legal Compliance: Employers can rest assured that their operators are compliant with safety regulations, reducing the risk of legal issues and fines.
- Efficiency: IPAF training enables operators to work more efficiently, resulting in increased productivity and cost-effectiveness.
- Global Recognition: The IPAF PAL Card is widely recognized and accepted globally, making it a valuable asset for professionals who may want to work all over the world.
- Career Advancement: Having an IPAF licence can open doors to many career opportunities, as many employers prefer or require their operators to be certified.
When Will You Gain Your Licence?
In conclusion, the IPAF licence is a vital certification for professionals operating MEWPs in various industries. To ensure that you get the most out of your training, be sure to complete your training with a trusted provider of IPAF courses such as Harrington Safety. This is the only way to ensure that you will be fully certified. So get in touch with us today!
Get Free Quote
SEE FOR YOURSELF